We're All Stalkers!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Occasionally I actually read topics on other PUBLIC forums. I saw someone called a stalker for reading a forum. Can you believe it? Does reading other forums make our lives "thin and uneventful?" Are we reading forums to "gain fuel for evil works and evil words?"

Makes me wonder how so many PUBLIC forums have remained so active for so many years? WE'RE ALL STALKERS!! I guess I'm a stalker and you're a stalker and we're all stalkers! :lol:

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whomever called them a stalker must be older and mistaking the internet for real life. Or they are a troll.

The correct internet term is lurker and has been for decades. Nothing wrong with lurkers. It's the trolls that cause problems. Trolls live off drama and try to cause it. Don't feed the trolls by deigning them with a reply.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd give the benefit of the doubt.

Agree.... what is that bible verse? Something about "turning the other cheek?"

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: [39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

I'm not a bible scholar so I hope that's right. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hypocrisy abounds! Sigh... (too dramatic?)

Too much drama for one night for someone who wasn't even looking for it.

When they go low - we go high!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I imagine it's because people don't understand that forums are like the equivalent of discussion panels in person. Only a few ever talk and everyone else just listens.

People are supposed to listen. That's what they go go for. The speakers know this. Anyone who is listening has the chance to speak of they wish, but they are not forced to.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
People are supposed to listen. That's what they go go for. The speakers know this.

Amazing all the valuable info you can pick up while listening. I listened here for quite some time before I joined.

I think sometimes people get comfortable on a small forum and forget that other folks might surf by. They might say something that they really didn't expect anyone outside their group to see and quite likely are embarrassed by that and simply lash out like folks are prone to do sometimes. :hu I've never posted on that forum and never will - but I will probably still occasionally drop by and try to glean some good info. :)