Western Oregonians, are you all above water?

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There has been major flooding in a large part of the Willamette Valley this week. I have friends in the Mohawk Valley, some near Jasper, and some in Springfield who all have floodwaters lapping at their doorsteps. I am headed to our farm near Harrisburg to make sure everything in the house is still above water. There aren't any creeks nearby, but many low lying fields in the area are flooded.

Stay dry, everyone!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We live on a hill, so no standing (or rising!) water here, but there is always the fear that the hill will slide :)lol: - just kidding ... I think :rolleyes:) Lots of rain here too though - the Umpqua has risen, and is running over the banks in places - and was way down just a few days ago, after a very dry December and most of January. Our rain gauge showed 2 1/2" for the day before yesterday, and another inch yesterday.
Good luck to everybody facing severe weather!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope y'all dry out soon, and there's no major property damage or loss of life.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Hope y'all dry out soon, and there's no major property damage or loss of life.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. However, I just read where several people have drowned up in the Salem area.

Considering that the Northwest is famous for its rain, we are having a rather difficult time with it at the moment.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Theo- hope everything is good at the farm.

This is a nasty weather front we got going here is the NW.

Can't believe Seattle got snow like it did.:barnie

We got over a ft of snow-"winter wonderland" my A$$.
Who ever coined that sayings never lived on a farm or had to drive 20 miles one way everyday to work lol

Stay dry and warm everyone!!:love

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The farm house is fine. The yard had some standing water. However, many low fields in the area did flood, and I could see that the water crested over one lane of the highway on my way in to town. The waters have receded, but we are now getting the rain we should have had in Nov.-Dec. And it's chilly to boot! Brrr!

Latest posts