What an adventure!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So from what I've read skunks can spray up to 6 times but after that it takes them an hour to rebuild their stink sacks arsenal.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't have chickens at home, so that wasn't a concern.

Now that I had come to the conclusion that I needed to get that door opened, I had another dilemma, basically how I was going to get it opened. The obvious answer would be to just open it. But like I said, it was on the other side of the trap. There was no easy way to get to it, and if I had fought my way thru the raspberries and poke, I had no place to hide if Flower got upset. Plus, that door catches and can be very difficult to open.

First thing I tried was to just reach around and open it. But Flower started to go nuts. I wasn't sure if he was just trying to get out, or get into position to spray, so I stopped. Next I tried a step in post, but it wasn't made right. Then, I tried a garden rake. I was able to do better w/that, but still wasn't able to get the door opened. It was just too big.

I thought about waiting for dark in the hopes that Flower wouldn't be able to see what I was doing. I quickly rejected that idea. After all, skunks are nocturnal, and his eyesight is better than mine at night. I had to do something, but what. Then, what seemed to be the perfect solution dawned on me, and I raced off to get what I needed.

To be continued....