What an adventure!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've heard that groundhogs are good eating, but I didn't feel like messing w/them. I've also read that certain Native American tribes considered skunk a delicacy. I don't think I want to try it.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow...I was on the edge of my seat through this entire thread!! I have always wondered how I would deal with catching a skunk a trap. Excellent thinking! You did good and I am happy to hear you escaped with out getting skunked!! :)

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thank God and gray hound he's gone. so glad you came out unscathed. i use to live in West Virginia and i knew people there who ate groundhog and thought it was good. i tried it once and if i hadn't known what it was i would have eaten it and liked it. you have to remove some kind of kernels from their hind legs to keep an off flavor out of the meat.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wow...I was on the edge of my seat through this entire thread!! I have always wondered how I would deal with catching a skunk a trap. Excellent thinking! You did good and I am happy to hear you escaped with out getting skunked!! :)

Believe me, so was I!