What are tattler lids? I assume for canning

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What is a tattler lid? I assume it is for canning, what do they look like, are they better than ball jar lids? can they be used on any jar..?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tattler lids are an option for canning lids that are reusable and do not contain BPA as the regular metal lids do. They are more expensive but are better for the environment and emergency situations IMHO because you are able to use them over and over again. They have a learning curve as most things do, there are several members here who have used them.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ditto. What she said.
I got 3 dozen of them and they are a little more tricky than the other non-reusable lids but as they say, they are re-usable and that is their main value.
They are a bit spendy but worth the cost in my opinion. Handle them carefully and they will serve you well.
//BT//
Trim sends

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I purchased some earlier this year. Someone on here posted they had used theirs for several cannings and were still in like new condition.

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for all the information....will order promptly....put out a call from friends for canning jars please pray I get a L O T - L O A D S -- ha....G