What are you DEHYDRATING today?

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This is my dehydrating "maiden voyage".

These are the voyages of the star fruit enterprise. Sorry couldn't resist the Star Trek reference, but I'm so excited! Now if I can just stop peeking at them.......

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
fancy said:
This is my dehydrating "maiden voyage".

These are the voyages of the star fruit enterprise. Sorry couldn't resist the Star Trek reference, but I'm so excited! Now if I can just stop peeking at them.......
STOP peeking! :lol:

I do that too........ :hide

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Star fruit are done and put away. OH YEAH, they taste good too! They're so cute I will attempt to post a picture later.

BUT be warned I am "techno-challenged".

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have never had star fruit. I should buy one next time I see it at the store. what do they tase like?

I am drying sage and rosemary. I plan on bringing it with me to NY for my family and some friends.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have a hunk of fleece in my dehydrator. Yup, sheep's wool. Animal hair. I was tired of waiting for the weather to cooperate to get the fleeces washed for winter carding and spinning, and the new pads for my carders are on their way, so I washed a small piece in the sink last night. It was so sopping wet, I knew it would get moldy before drying in this damp, rainy weather. So into the dehydrator it went.

Don't tell anybody. :hide

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes. All should try star fruit. It is citrusy and nummy and :drool

We only get them around here once every couple of years. I loves them :D

I drying mystery melon seeds. It kind of looks and tastes like a cantaloupe, but I think it may have crossed with my collective farm woman. It's delicious so I am going to take a chance and try to grow some next year.

As for star trek references...I can't think of a better crowd to use those on!!!
tumblr_l4s8ry1JQn1qz86d0o1_500.jpg

And it sounds like freemotion is making tribbles!!!
1488325_500.jpg

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
At what temp do i dehydrate my mushrooms ? I got a new dehydrator last yearn and I can't find my book. My old dehydrator never had a thermostat or a fan, but this one does. Does anyone know what temp I should dry them at?

TIA!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
At what temp do i dehydrate my mushrooms ? I got a new dehydrator last yearn and I can't find my book. My old dehydrator never had a thermostat or a fan, but this one does. Does anyone know what temp I should dry them at?

TIA!
I dry them just like veggies... About 135

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks, wow, was that ever quick!! In my lst dehydrator, mushrooms would have taken me at least 24 hours. These were done in about three. Rosemary is next. :p