What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
So a person gets creative when they think 12 zucchini plants for one person is reasonable.

Today's effort was a real winner! I used my slicing mandoline on a thin setting and tore through about ten squash, lined them up on the Mighty Excaliber trays and sprinkled one of the following: Bacon salt, rosemary Italian salt, lemon pepper, red pepper and garlic salt. Set them at 130 and they were done in five hours. The lemon pepper are pretty hot. The bacon salt (not surprisingly) are my favorite, followed closely by the rosemary italian salt. Red pepper was meh. They are like paper, stick to the trays a bit, but are so good it is worth peeling them off.

Picture769.jpg

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
yummy! those look great! My DH likes kale brushed with oil, salted, and dried. It's pretty tasty.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Una, I didn't try oil. I get they would be even better that way.

NCL: Yes, they did. The white parts were papery, but crisp. I am going to try a little thicker and see if they have "tooth". These are airy, but crisp. Like a single layer of baked phyllo dough.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I tried dried zucchini in several different ways and I just cannot get into them. Oh well.

I am drying horehound. Hope to use it for cold remedies.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those chips look so good. I have that same dehydrator - It's awesome!

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dried rhubarb? and how do you use it? Thanks

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Good question.

I just froze 3 lbs of rhubarb, but I have more if anyone has a good drying method.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am dehydrating chives in my car today. They grow almost year round in our garden. I wanted to have some dried ones though for when I don't feel like going out to pick fresh ones, mostly for making salad dressing especially ranch. The ranch recipe call for dried chives and parsley.