What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am hanging some bok pak choy that bolted to dry. I should have lots of seeds for fall planting

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
curly_kate, how did the dried lemon balm turn out? I love the smell of it fresh, but have heard it doesn't dry well.

I filled my food dehydrator twice with oregano and parsley from a friend's yard (he is a bachelor and just ignores it, so I harvest, dry, and give back to him for his occasionall cooking attempts).

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I dry lemon balm often. Just watch herbs and STOP drying when they are dry. Don't over dry them.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just finished with some lemon balm and lemon catnip (this is a new one for me - I need to see how I, and the cats, like it :D, and have some marjoram going at the moment. Also the grated zest of an organic lemon that I had juiced.

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! Mine definitely needs to be cut back, so I will throw some in the dehydrator this evening.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was given 2 shopping bags of tomatoes, so 15 square feet of tomato leather with salt & a touch of basil. Oh, my goodness, I could eat this stuff straight!!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
I just finished with some lemon balm and lemon catnip (this is a new one for me - I need to see how I, and the cats, like it :D, and have some marjoram going at the moment. Also the grated zest of an organic lemon that I had juiced.
Have you done the zest before and does it retain the lemon taste? I have tried the commercial zest and found it very lacking in flavor compared to Fresh. I am a lemonaid nut and I have been throwing most of the lemon skins out.~gd

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Farmfresh
City Biddy says:

Re: What are you DEHYDRATING today?I dry lemon balm often. Just watch herbs and STOP drying when they are dry. Don't over dry them.
Lemon Balm ? What are some uses for this? I have some, but I don't like the smell and tea is awful. I think it may have some medicinal use but I don't know how to use?

Can you use this for viral colds flu or cough maybe mixed with something else or sweetened?