What are you doing for Memorial Day?

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Painting & cleaning the trailer. We're hoping to move out to the farm next weekend, so I want to be sure everything's ready. Oh, and working at the racetrack tonight. It's been so wet this summer, this is the first time we've gotten to work (It's a dirt track).

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Working!! At time and a half!!! WOOT!

They offered us to take the day off cuz it'll be slow. So I'll have a book and enjoy getting paid stupid lots of money to hang out and not take calls LOL. And if it IS busy... *shrugs* that's okay too.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
going the stockyard for the weekly auction to look/try to buy part of the 4th of july menu and a pig for the winter......then home for the cookout

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We will do a little work on the addition on the shed. Hopefully mow the grass. A little house work. Some laundry. No money to cook out - so we will have left overs and remember them in our prayers - just like we always do.

GOD BLESS OUR VETS!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Going to my Aunts for the annual family Memorial Day Cookout (tomorrow).
totally did NOT do this, but tomorrow, going to livestock auction :p

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Besides taking advantage of dry weather I'm going to remember that Memorial Day is not about picnics and parties and working. Memorial Day is about honoring those servicemembers that gave their lives for their country. As much as I love my brothers and sisters in arms and all the vets I save that appreciation for Veterans Day. Memorial Day is for a select few.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Here's what we did today at the Western Reserve National Cemetery in Rittman, Ohio

Young Marine Units from Northern Ohio participated, carrying the State Flags that line the entranceway to the back of the podium as a backdrop to the ceremonies. Our son held the flag from Washington State.

2768_rittman_017.jpg

2768_rittman_037.jpg

2768_rittman_033.jpg