What are you stocking in the pantry?

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You can use rooting powder to graft your own multi-fruit trees also if anyone is interested in a more "do-it-yourself" approach. Personally I prefer the do-it-yourself way of doing things even if it does cost a bit more from time to time and take a bit longer, instant gratification just isn't my way. I like the knowledge and experiences I gain, something about saying "I did that once" means more to me than saying "I read that once" or "I bought that once".

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wooddustmaker said:
Emerald, thanks for the thoughts on the multi fruit trees. Still pondering on it. There is a local nursery that sells fruit trees for $10 a piece. May still go that route. Talked to my MIL about it a bit tonight. They just got back from a trip, so we will talk later, when they have rested up a bit. Variety is the spice of life, right?
There is nothing wrong with $10 a tree.. both my peaches were end of spring sale and $6 each for huge trees and I have a prune plum that was sold to me for $5 as it didn't have a tag and they quite frankly had no clue what it was. Neither did I till it set fruit 4 years later.. lol but for $5 it was worth taking a chance on.(heck I used to spend more on a rose bush than that) One of my apples is a very very old gravenstein and one of the pears is a very very old seckel pear(at least that is what a friend(who owns orchards) thinks) they were both here when my parent bought the house.
I would like to invest in a 4-in1 stone fruit tree the plums of different types as the kids love them. My two English walnuts are doing well too.. so more nut trees are on my bucket list! Hazelnut and Chinese Chestnut.