What are you thankful for this year?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am thankful for so many things...food on the table, a house over my head, good health, family....etc. It has been a tough past year.

Last year at this time, we were told we needed to move with in about 2 weeks. We searched for a decent rental and one just fell in our laps. A very nice place with a big lot and the owner did not even want a credit check or a deposit!

I remember after Thanksgiving last year, I had to pull out my holiday decor....it was for the kids, I did not want to upset tradition. I put it all out knowing full well that we were about to move.

Once we got the keys, the first thing I did was load up into my DD's old Murceruy Tracer as much Christmas decor as I could .....so that when they all entered the house it had familiar touches of home.

I am thankful that those very difficult days have passed. I am also so very thankful for the wonderful friends that I have found here. You all have been a great sounding board and support system...always making me smile and teaching me something new.

God Bless you all :love

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am thankful that my daughter did not go to the hospital this year.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It's not even my thanksgiving, but I'll play along. I am so thankful for my family, my health, the health of my family, my critters, my freezers and storage room full of food. I'm thankful hubby has a great job. And I'm not just thankful once a year, I am thankful to God for everything He has blessed us with every day. I am thankful that I am learning more and more each day on how to take care of my family, my animals and my farm. I am thankful for meeting likeminded people (you guys!) so that we can challenge and encourage each other in our SS endeavours. That's just the tip of the iceburg, but you get the idea. I am thankful everyday!!!!!!!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ditto to everything MTN said.

I'm also so thankful to be healthy, strong and energetic and to have a family who is, too.

I'm thankful for a gorgeous view everytime I look out my windows.

I'm thankful to my bees for their wonderful gifts of honey and wax (yeah--I know they didn't have a choice, but I'm calling it a gift anyway!!) and amazing hours spent peeking in their hive windows.

I'm grateful for turkeys, their beauty and antics that make us all laugh every time they start strutting around and making mating noises.

I'm so thankful for incredible friends and family who support me.

I'm thankful to have a life of such complete luxury (well, compared to most of the world, anyway) that I can work part time and use the rest of my time to do all these fun things that save my family money in practical ways.

I'm really thankful for the internet!! Really! I have learned SO much online these past 2 years that is truly amazing.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am thankful for the improvement in my health and hubby's health, our business continuing despite the yuck economy, my children, my critters, and having fantastic friends...real life AND online :D

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am grateful for this forum and the knowledgable people here.
I am thankful for long fingered hands playing a black BC Rich Warlock for the first time in yeeeeeeears (DH :love )
I am grateful for out of nowhere hugs from my children and prayers given in sleepy voices at night by their beds.
I am thankful that we have family to visit with over the holidays and that we will be able to go home when the visiting is over.
I am grateful that I have a job I love, even if I don't love it every moment of every day.
I am thankful that my children are not (very :p ) materialist and will be happy with books, clothes and a few toys. And that they will take great joy in selecting the same for the adopt a family program.
I am grateful that I woke up, healthy, happy & beside the man I love again this morning.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am thankful that the Lord answered my prayer and allowed me to return to a simpler way of living.