What can I do with buckets which were used to store chlorine?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Okay, now THAT is awesome. I have 12 seven gallons and three ten gallons. I am going to have to beg someone to cut PVC for me, I can see that.

Mint is definitely one of the things I want to plant in a container.

I am stoked now....

freemotion said:
Check this out: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1967

I grew an amazing crop of lettuce (six plants in the bucket) and swiss chard (two buckets with two plants each) this year with no slugs to deal with. I have enough supplies to make several more, which I will do this winter for the spring. Nice thing is, you can bring them in if you need to extend the season....they are heavy, but you could put them on a dolly near the garage door in the fall or spring.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Okay, now THAT is awesome. I have 12 seven gallons and three ten gallons. I am going to have to beg someone to cut PVC for me, I can see that.

Mint is definitely one of the things I want to plant in a container.

I am stoked now....

freemotion said:
Check this out: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1967

I grew an amazing crop of lettuce (six plants in the bucket) and swiss chard (two buckets with two plants each) this year with no slugs to deal with. I have enough supplies to make several more, which I will do this winter for the spring. Nice thing is, you can bring them in if you need to extend the season....they are heavy, but you could put them on a dolly near the garage door in the fall or spring.
(PVC pipe can be cut with a hand saw, right? Then use sand paper to smooth the edges.)

I just revisited your earth bucket site freemotion, I can't wait to try those ideas! I have buckets like you and like xpc, I also have those plastic bins. I can't wait to get started!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
(PVC pipe can be cut with a hand saw, right? Then use sand paper to smooth the edges.)
Yes any fine tooth saw will work or a hacksaw. I have read on other garden box sites not to use PVC because of leaching chemicals and may change them to abs potable plastic pipe next season.