What can I do with leftover muffins?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
My son (12) the baker :clap made some chocolate muffins that are a little dry, tough and not very sweet. No one liked them, but I am thinking that instead to tossing them, I could try to recycle them into something more palatable. Perhaps a chocolate bread pudding? (I also have a batch of cinnamon spice with pecans that were not a hit that I would like to see eaten...he is quite the prolific baker :rolleyes:)

Any ideas?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Dace, try crumbling the muffins up into a cake pan, pour some sweentened condensed milk over them, sprinkle with some type of chocolate candy bar (Heath would be my first choice) maybe sprinkle some nuts on top of that, heat and serve. Would also be good with coconut if you like.

(This is an adaptaion of a cake I use to bake. My kids loved it).

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I like TankHill's suggestion, that's quite yummy with leftover cake.

My Penna. Dutch mother would say, pour cream or milk over it and sprinkle more sugar on, and eat with a spoon before anyone else can get to it :)

Pat

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Dace - Tell us what you did with your muffins. I am in need of a chocolate fix this morning and do not have any. Thought I would see of I could just go yum here.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well Wanda, they are still sitting in the freezer waiting for me to take action :)

I am leaning towards bread pudding...need to buy some cream first.

Latest posts