What Can I Make With Dandelions?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a ton of dandelions up in the yard. Well it's a bit more than just a yard, but there are plenty I could pick and try several of these recipes with.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Txcanoegirl, that was good. I made dandelion tea with my dried flower petals. It is a beautiful clear orangey yellow. I sweetened it first with raw dark honey. While it was very tasty, the brown honey turned it a murky, alge,pond water green. :D Next I sweetened it with sugar. It was good and didn't change colors. I added a squeeze of lemon and it immediately turned a light yellow. It was good with the lemon too. I put a little dried orange peeling in the pot, but it was not enough to taste it. My DH thought it was very good. I put it in a pitcher for iced tea!

2536_dandelion_tea.jpg

txcanoegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was going to try the dandelion tea when you started this thread, but before I could pick the dandelions, my husband mowed the area that had the most of them. Oh well...next time!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't worry about them being mowed! They'll be right back! :lol: I am picking a little over a hundred flowers a day now. I pull the petals and lay them on wax paper to dry.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wanted to try the jelly, but didn't get to them in time. Now I'll have to wait until more come up. :/

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of Dandelion's "common" names is "pis-en-lit" which literally means "wet-the-bed".... :lol:

nath5212

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I wanted to try the jelly, but didn't get to them in time. Now I'll have to wait until more come up. :/
I'd be interested !