what did I miss?

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
At what gestational age does a baby attend Disassemble Mommy's Wallet Training? DMWT. I not joking 5 times my 1yo dd has distroyed my wallet in under 2 minuets. Whats next. What do I need to hide? I've even given her her own purse and wallet with junk cards and everything. Didn't work.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I go by the theory of a dog trainer.....if you don't want a dog eating your good shoes, don't give it a bad shoe to gnaw on...LOL

Nicole is told don't touch and then isn't given anything that resembles what she can't have......does that make sense? LOL

not always followed of course..HA HA...but I try...LOL

you have a wallet eater...oh, my! Funny post but not funny. Kids cost us money from every angle..HA HA

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree with the others, she is too young to realize what's off limits yet. Keep your purse out of reach for now and remind visitors to do the same. Some things in purses can be dangerous.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My kids were climbing cabinets and opening the medicine cabinet by age 2. :th :barnie

Thank goodness the only thing in there was toothpaste! I keep all chemicals above the washer and dryer by my bedroom (where they are not allowed) and all medicines OTC or prescriptions are kept in my bedroom. Otherwise I could have had a lot of problems!!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
TX Honky said:
At what gestational age does a baby attend Disassemble Mommy's Wallet Training? DMWT. I not joking 5 times my 1yo dd has distroyed my wallet in under 2 minuets. Whats next. What do I need to hide? I've even given her her own purse and wallet with junk cards and everything. Didn't work.
It took her 2 whole minutes? :p

The "Disassemble Mommy's Wallet" skill often appears at the same time as "Open Dresser Drawers, Drag Contents All Over House" phase.

"Climb Up Shelves" or "Drag Something Over So You Can Stand On It To See/Climb Onto Countertop" phase is often later but, as in DS#2's case, not always, so prepare by removing everything from countertops that is dangerous, either intrinsically or if it fell on the kid. My now almost 1 1/2 yr old was climbing before he was walking. Sigh.

I am told that "The Disassembling Everything" phase is more common in boys but have known enough girls to be an ace with 'depress tab A while twisting and pressing tabs B and C' that I'd suggest not taking it for granted.

And finally (well, at SOME point anyhow) comes yer "Learn To Defeat Cabinet And Drawer Locks" phase, "Things To Drop In THe Toilet And Flush" (ka-ching), and the ever popular "When Outside, Look Mommy In The Eye, Laugh Fetchingly, And Run For The Horizon Without Listening To Anybody's Screams To Stop".

I haven't actually had the last one with either of my two but of course now that I've mentioned it I expect it's next on John's agenda :p

Have 'fun' <vbg>,

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am lucky now at 3 1/2 Nicole is over the "what is in this cabinet" phase....NOW it is let me wash my hands and use an entire bottle of handsoap......or let me pour the bubble bath in...yup, the whole thing, or LET ME pour the pancake syrup or ketchup...UGH-UGH

Now I got the "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" phase happening! Ugh--but it is cute though..LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We are in the "honestly mom, it takes a whole roll to wipe my butt" stage.

"It isn't MY fault it clogs the toilet and makes 3 times the amount of work for you....you missed a spot with the mop mom...I just wanted to make sure I got myself clean, ya know?...nother spot right there mom..."

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
We are in the "honestly mom, it takes a whole roll to wipe my butt" stage.
"
:lol: :gig

We can't get OUT of this stage w/ my 8yo. I've gotten so frustrated, I tell him to go in the woods! He ignores me, but still wish he could. He plugs the toilet up at least 3 times a week. :barnie

The wallet disassembling is funny! It reminds me of my 2.5 yo about a year ago. :love At this point we've learned to just keep them out of her site/reach. If she see's them, she'll still go after them.. and now she says "that my wallet"

About a year ago I had to drop off a box of things to a customer at her office one day. I had DD w/ me b/c she had an appt. next door (trying to save on gas) So while the customer was showing me something on her computer, I put DD on the floor by my feet, so I could "feel" her, but she wasn't hanging over the ladies back while we were looking at computer. Anyways, my purse was also on the ground, and she had that unzipped (should a 1yo know how to unzip? LOL) and had my wallet out w/out me even knowing. She was being so quiet, and so good, so we just kept talking and looking at computer. :th reciepts, money, credit cards, business cards... ALL of it was EVERYwhere!

I can laugh at it now!