What Did You Dehydrate Today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Figs! My friend picks them for me every day from her tree/bush. Almost 10#. All 8 trays full. Will have to watch this new unit since I've always done them in the old one. Certainly holds more! I was the control, now this one has actual numbers, fan and all that....not sure I can handle that. Especially with no real directions for various foods.🤔

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Would love your recipe. Sound yummy
i've also done garlic relish. one year i had about 12lbs of garlic peeled and turned it into sweet and sour garlic relish with a few pepper flakes in for color/decoration and a bit of heat. used a meat grinder to get it minced and cooked it up. the house smelled wonderful to me, Mom had other opinions. :) ended up with cases of the stuff and ate most of it over the next 5yrs. a friend of mine who liked garlic took a case for herself and shared it around with her friends and many had positive comments. pretty much used it as a hotdog or burger topping and also as an ingredient in all sorts of bbq sauces and other dishes. for me you can't really go wrong with sweet and sour in general... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Would love the recipe. Sounds very yummy

both onion and garlic relish were similar in that i peeled and cut off the ends then ground it through the meat grinder on coarse grind, added brown sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes and then heated up to make sure the whole thing was hot and then canned this all like i would can any acidic item. between the sugar and vinegar none of it would spoil. i like sweet and sour things. :)

i did not add any water so the flavors of both were intense.

if you don't have brown sugar, white sugar with a little molasses is fine but i would go real light on the molasses because you just want a hint of color and flavor but to not have it all taste like black licorice.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Zoodles
20220728_143636.jpg