What Did You Dehydrate Today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need to dehydrate jerky dog treats. Too much meat in the freezer that I'll never use.
DS16 cut the meat for me. 2 venison shanks from 2019. Lamb lung and liver. My dog wanted to sample - he kept hitting his Eat button while DS16 was cutting up the meat. :gig

We might do more today. My freezers are stuffed and dog treats are expensive.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Figs...12 trays just turned on. Enough for 6 more waiting in frig... :drool 😁

IMG_20230803_093625365_HDR.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I planted 2 and goats ate them! Along with 2 apple trees 🤬. These come from a friend whose "fig bush" is almost 12' tall -- there when they bought house over 20 yr ago. They don't like figs 😱🤣

She even picks them for me each day! Of course, I do give her eggs! Couple dz a week, all yr. We're buds 💕 I'll get more each week until they're gone.👍

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Removed done figs...put in 5 more trays. Got a call that I could come for more she'd picked. Set for Monday. :drool :celebrate. Bumper crop this year & so sweet!

I'm thinking I might throw a few slices of eggplant in. Never tried but, thinking to partially dry and then freeze 🤔. It's such a wet veg and I use slices for eggplant Parm. Anyone ever try this dry partway first?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Removed done figs...put in 5 more trays. Got a call that I could come for more she'd picked. Set for Monday. :drool :celebrate. Bumper crop this year & so sweet!

I'm thinking I might throw a few slices of eggplant in. Never tried but, thinking to partially dry and then freeze 🤔. It's such a wet veg and I use slices for eggplant Parm. Anyone ever try this dry partway first?
I haven't done the eggplant, will await the results of your experiment