What Did You Dehydrate Today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thought we could use a dehydrating thread. I love to dehydrate! It's really easy to do, the product ends up light weight and stores easily.
I've dehydrated some squash slices a few weeks ago and DH and I have already eaten at least half. :hide

Recently I boiled some quail eggs and chopped them in the food processor. I put the chopped eggs in the dehydrator and let 'er rip. I now have a quart jar of dehydrated egg chunks that will work great for supplementing purchased game bird feed for starting quail chicks. I imagine that it'll work well for supplementing any kind of chick. That was a first so I'll be paying close attention to how long they last.

Fig season is right around the corner and I'm hoping for a bumper crop. If so, some of them will go in the dehydrator also.

I'll be trying something totally new soon. I just came across a recipe for making your own "minute rice." We don't eat a lot of rice because of the carbs. However, I do enjoy throwing a handful in some soup occasionally. And, every now and then I just want some rice as a side dish. So - minute rice sounds like something I want to try.

Might be a few days before I get to it, but this is a recipe I found:

Latest posts