What did you do to save $ today?

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dianer29 said:
K: I would love to try it !
If anyone else has ideas as well keep um coming...........................
Just got your e-mail... Sent you the recipe. Hope you enjoy it.

Kim

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Earlier this week I took all the bits and pieces of soap that I had been saving all year and cut them up a little and put them in a pot on the wood stove. I added a little water to help them melt. I stirred them up a few times, then poured the liquidy soap into a container and let it sit. I got 15 nice bars of soap out of it.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Yum on the milk!!! Do you barter with them for it?

Yesterday we went to our bank and maxed out our credit line that has really low interest to pay off our remaining credit card from the gallery! We're getting this thing licked! It's a slow but steady process and we just keep taking baby steps.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found 2 cast iron skillets on craigslist. I have them bought, seasoned , and stored already. One 10 1/4 inch Lodge grill pan and another 8 in Lodge fry pan. 20 bucks for both. I couldn't pass them up. whoo hoo!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I waited to buy my winter coat until the January clearance. Got a $200.00 cashmere and wool pea coat for $60. Woo hoo! Add a NICE winter coat onto my guilty pleasures list. :D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
The Grocery Outlet today had boxes of Wheat Thins Vermont Cheddar crackers for 48 cents! I got two. They also had Oscar Meyer Deli Slices shaved turkey and chicken for $1 for a 9 ounce container. Got four. With my austerity challenge, I only get $12.50 a week for food, gas, household supplies, medicine, etc., so this was a great find !

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
The Grocery Outlet today had boxes of Wheat Thins Vermont Cheddar crackers for 48 cents! I got two. They also had Oscar Meyer Deli Slices shaved turkey and chicken for $1 for a 9 ounce container. Got four. With my austerity challenge, I only get $12.50 a week for food, gas, household supplies, medicine, etc., so this was a great find !
wow, that is some challenge!!! !! major kudos to you for keeping up with that!!!!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
geez Ldychef2k, I really wish you lived closer to us. We have so much surplus, it makes us sick. We need help farming, but we are always happy to give (or sell at low price) our extra.
We give away a lot of what we grow. We just hate to see anyone go hungry. And if we know that someone tries to make things work for themselves, but is struggling, we are always glad to share what we have. Even if we don't have enough to pay our bills.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
didnt go anywhere today so no money spent

however i have pulled all my coupons for the grocery stores tomorrow so should pull in around 150-175 worth of groceries for about 50

still trying to eat out of the cabinets to save money just want to buy those almost free things and staples for repurposing other things