What did you do to save $ today?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Great price on the cedar boards! They are $4.97 here. 4x4's at the HD are $10.47. You cut a tree and sell it in California, you are gunna pay !

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just went outside to feed the goats and looked at what's left to do on my fence. I was wrong - there isn't 32 more feet - there's 24!

Even better! :celebrate

It's been such a long, drawn-out (and expensive) project and I'll be so glad to get it done so we can get on to the next project(s) - fencing in the garden area and getting ready to plant fruit trees.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I made an insulin strap for my DH. He is diabetic and on an insulin pump. He has a strap - with velcro - and a little pouch attached - that goes around his waist.

His old strap was pitiful and tired. It was practically begging me to throw it away...so I made him a new one - for 5.00, instead of the 20-30 it would have cost for a new one.

Yay me! That sewing class has already paid for itself - with just this one thing!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Goodwill score: a hand-cranked coffee grinder! I've been looking for one for a long time!! YEA!

Now when the power goes out I can still have coffee! (I already have a wood stove percolator. :D)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Of course I did, like right when I got home!! :p It is small (but well built) so I can only grind one scoop at a time...but thats good enough for me. :)

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got a Williams-Sonoma immersion blender at the Goodwill yesterday for $4. I'm rather tickled as I've been looking for one there for several months. Not the one I wanted as the the stick part is rather short, but it will do the trick, and the motor is awesome. And did I mention it was only $4?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Today I scored 100 Meyer lemons and one very large cabbage, close to 20 pounds. FreeCycle.

I will borrow my friend's juicer tomorrow. Today, I canned 14 quarts of that diet cabbage soup from the 1980's. The batch I made last year is almost gone, and is one of my favorites.

Gave away a lot of lemons to family, and half of the cabbage stayed at my daughter's house:

Picture+514