What did you do to save $ today?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We planted 2 rows of popcorn and one row of grain amaranth for feed. We planted it yesterday in order to take advantage of the rain we had this morning. So we didn't have to water.
I found a coupon for 50% off for Borders and got myself another goat book ;) This one has more detailed info on pregnant goats and kidding, which I am preparing for.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just sold another $20 of plants from my flower and herb gardens that would have been tossed or given away when I got to weeding and thinning....I sold $40 total so far, still have a japanese maple to sell.....so with that, I will break even with the flowers and veg plants that I bought!

Maybe I'll push to sell a few more and pay for my veg garden seeds, too!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I didn't save a darn thing. Blew through $20 in gas buying quail out of town :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I used the frozen hambone from Easter in the crock pot with some beans, and picked some turnip greens to have with them for supper. OMGosh they were GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I have been cooking them all day, had work to do today and knew i wouldn't feel like cooking. ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I REALLY didn't save money today. The baby quail are eating like NFL linebackers!!! Arrgggg!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am making Mandy my BO hen take care of her meaty babies in the goat pasture. I did help her out today and pulled up some grass, so they could get to the bugs in the ground. I only feed them once a day, at the same time I feed the goats their grain. So far it is going very well.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I arranged to split 1/4 beef with a friend. They tell me I can have the tongue, heart, liver, kidney, some tripe, and 20 lb of bones for no extra charge!

moneysavingmomma

Power Conserver
Reaction score
To some this may seem minor but to me it is a huge step. I usually stop at Dollar General (right next door to my work) everyday and spend atleast $5 if not more. Well this whole week I have only gone in once and that was to buy toilet paper and dog food. I stuck to those 2 items paid and left. I just didn't even stop to look at anything else. I AM SO PROUD!!!:D

And I used coupons on both so I saved even more!!! LOL

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moneysavingmomma said:
To some this may seem minor but to me it is a huge step. I usually stop at Dollar General (right next door to my work) everyday and spend atleast $5 if not more. Well this whole week I have only gone in once and that was to buy toilet paper and dog food. I stuck to those 2 items paid and left. I just didn't even stop to look at anything else. I AM SO PROUD!!!:D

And I used coupons on both so I saved even more!!! LOL
:thumbsup Great job, because old habits die hard! Sounds like you got a good handle on it this week :D Way to go!!