What did you do to save $ today?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Kingsfarm said:
bought my first "fixings" for laundry detergent....Yea.....posted somewhere here "What are tattler lids, I just read what they are...Leamans sells reusable lids but they are expensive can you find them anywhere else? Thanks..G
The cheapest place to get them is directly through the Tattler's website....can't remember the name, something like www.reusablecanninglids.com

eta: Ha! That was it! Waddaya know! :lol:

dbenton

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The sun was setting yesterday but I still have a couple of pages left but the light inside the house was getting in the way of finishing the whole material so I opted out. I stayed out and finished my paper there. It was good as the breeze was enough to keep me cozy while the natural light was enough to give me a good reading ability and finish it.

Probably not as numerical as how you saved but I guess I have to start from something.

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
was given free pears...made 11 pints preserves....used a fig - strawberry jello receipe....well am diabetic ... used sugar free Jello....now I have something sweet for MY toast...more pears coming so I will put up every one...Ha.. not a pinch of sugar used....Yea

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
switched from Windstream phone & internet to insight cable phone/internet. No contract, faster internet and saved $15/month.

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was able to treat my family out to dinner after church yesterday. The kids had received bookmarks from Fazoli's for a free meal each, I found a completed Fazoli stamp card for a free entree and drink, my son had a birthday postcard for a free dessert and our local Fazoli's was running an all-you-can eat pasta for $3.99. Kids got their free meals, hubby got his free meal, I got the all-you-can eat with water and we shared the dessert. I also got a refill on my pasta so lunch for tomorrow! All for $4.23. Woohoo!!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
living the simple life- thats got to be the deal of the week!!!:thumbsup

I disconnected our land line( we all have cell phones always) savings 23 bucks a month. and then disconnected the satillite for t.v. I found some great sites for watching t.v. by just googleing free t.v.So we save over 80 bucks and really don't miss a thing.:weee Now if we could just get cheaper internet. That cost us 80 bucks a month as we live so far out that Hughs or Wildblue are the only two we have to chose from.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I made it thru the night w/out using the AC. (Of course, that could have something to do w/the power outage we had. :D)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went to the feed store and forgot my list so I forgot to pick up Dormant Oil for the fruit trees.

We'll be back up that way on Friday and will get the oil then so I didn't really save ay money...just prolonged the inevitable. ;)