What did you do to save $ today?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yard sale... A pneumatic brad nailer in very-good condition, sells for $80 new, got it for $15. A lever-type nail puller in good shape, sells for $10 new, got it for $3. So works out to paying 20%. Made me happy.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Completely out of grain and feed and its Sunday. Need to make a trip to the river to buy in bulk, but in the meantime, I forced the waterfowl into the garden (overgrown) to cleanup and have free food. 2 birds....one stone. Also, I have several very happy ducks and geese.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Free canning jars, all I had to do was dump the old stuff out and not all the jars had food in them. I scored over 18 cases of 2 quarts, quarts and pints, a friend got about 20 cases. I figure the savings are about 126.00 based on $7.00 per case just for the ones I got. And the owner of the storage unit has more and asked me to come back.:D I love free stuff!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Corn Woman said:
Free canning jars, all I had to do was dump the old stuff out and not all the jars had food in them. I scored over 18 cases of 2 quarts, quarts and pints, a friend got about 20 cases. I figure the savings are about 126.00 based on $7.00 per case just for the ones I got. And the owner of the storage unit has more and asked me to come back.:D I love free stuff!
TOTAL AWESOME score! Wish i could run across something like that! I NEED more jars!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Get that lip out much farther, and you're going to trip over it! :plbb