What did you do to save $ today?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
PamsPride- very good thinking - saving lots of money.

I have a pair of fleece gloves that are very warm but had worn holes in them. So I took a pair of gardening gloves that were too large and put the fleece ones inside those- worked very well- warm and toasty.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow what a week! Talk saving money. We moved my daughter into her apartment and she had nothing but clothes...and prayer. Well you oughta see what God did for her!
We found her an almost brand new sectional sofa...no wear on it at all...it is beautiful! Beige corderoy type material with 12 beige black and brown throw cushions along the back...FREE!
Free stove...free kitchen set...$500 comforter set for $20 at the goodwill...her place went to together in ONE day and she has everything except a washer...now that is the work of God! And it is absolutely stunning...her furniture is just as nice as mine, seriuosly!

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am a firm believer that God will help us when we need it. Everytime I start to stress about money issues. Something comes along and helps us out. That is great news about your daughter.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow morel
that is wonderful. talk about everything falling in line for her...that is FAB!

yes things do work out when you need it the most! God has a hand in all of it for us. We just have to believe and let it happen!

Great for your DD!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
WOW Morel! That is wonderful for your daughter!!

Today I was given a LOT of clothes for the boys. So I am going through them and in one of the bags I found some flannel recieving blankets. Well, we don't use recieving blankets for the baby anymore, but they are perfect for bedding as the ferrets!!!

So I recycled the blankets into ferret bedding. I didn't have to buy material, and the ferrets love them!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel! I've been needing a sofa just like that!!! Lucky gal! See what being nice to yer mama will get you? God don't like ugly... ;)
Sounds like prayer is all she really needed! :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
WOW Morel! That is wonderful for your daughter!!

Today I was given a LOT of clothes for the boys. So I am going through them and in one of the bags I found some flannel recieving blankets. Well, we don't use recieving blankets for the baby anymore, but they are perfect for bedding as the ferrets!!!

So I recycled the blankets into ferret bedding. I didn't have to buy material, and the ferrets love them!
They grow too fast to keep up with, boys...haha and wear thier clothes out in the process, especially country boys! My son decided he wanted a ferret for Christmas...wow, they are nippy little creatures aren't they? My daughter has it at her place now, she doesn't mind handling it while it nips at her...she will get along well with it...nothing is harder headed than she is, and she will have it trained for him eventually:>)

Here's a pic of that free sofa...it really was a deal! When she gets tired of it I'll take it for the guest house:>) I want to paint the walls in this room beige and the wall with the shelf on it is going to be chocolate brown. The whole place is going to be beige but each room is going to have a feature wall that will be either deep red, chocolate brown, or navy blue
de7git.jpg

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Went to the feed store to get some sawdust for the goaties- with all this rain they are staying in all day and making a mess. The saw dust is easier to clean although more expensive than the straw.
They told me that there was none- I had called to check on straw, which they were out of last time but forgot to ask about the sawdust.
I bought a bale of straw and went out to the truck where it had already been loaded and walked right past a bag of sawdust. Went back in and told them I wanted it. Then went out again and found two more bags that had taped holes on them and had obviously lost a bit out of them. I asked if I could get those too with a discount- he gave me both bags for the price of one.
Even though they had lost some, it was way more sawdust than I paid for.
So I went from irritated to very happy. So I start the new year completely supplied.
Seems their trucks had not been able to get to a number of suppliers due to snow- he told me they were out of a necessary ingredient for hog food altogether.
So I start the new year completely supplied and can stay on my little hill for a couple of weeks.