What did you do to save $ today?

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
WOW HM
ship me 10 also. $1.50 per lb....cheapest here on sale is $2.50 per lb.

great deal! big time!
I need to check Sam's Club for butter prices. I have to make a run there for a few things and I think it is time to check out some prices on staples again.
Karen,

Do you have an Aldi's nearby?Not that it is that much cheaper but butter runs around 2.00 a pound there.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do and I shop it...LOL..never checked butter prices there. When I shop Aldis it is always on my way to other places, I don't usually buy anything perishable. No telling how long I will be out running around....but yes on my next regular trip where I come home directly, I will check their prices!!! THANKS for reminding me!!!!

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
Last night I canned quarts of spiced applesauce from the "drops" we bought in the fall, @ $6 per bushel. I still have a couple bu left...

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I use an ice-chest for long-distance shopping trips too . . . it saves you feeling rushed to get back home.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I didn't just save $ today, I earned some! :weee

edited to change made to earned, don't want anyone thinking I am doing some printing LOL I have no power to "make" money LOL

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband and I were just discussing Aldi's butter this morning. Its 1.69 here at Aldi's and hovers aorund 3.99 inthe regular foodstore! He gets a pound on every trip.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I did not go to the Deer Festival. Saved gas by not going. Did not buy the BBQ. Did not buy roasted nuts. Did not buy kettle corn. Stayed home.

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Let's see. What did I do today.

1) We have the second floor's thermostat off, since the only rooms up there are the kids' mostly unused bedrooms. We have the first floor set to 55 and are sleeping in the rooms heated by the wood stove, which we're fueling with wood left for us by the landlady.

2) We're making "pizza pockets" with home ground soft white wheat berries instead of ordering out. I'd be lying if I said I liked them as much but I'm not the pizza addict, my sons are. If THEY are happy with it, I'm happy with it!

3) Following the kids (and dh!) around turning off lights. Grrrrrr.

4) Cloth diapers and EC.

5) Packing lunches instead of sending money for my son to shop at the school store. Especially good since he doesn't prefer to buy lunch!