What did you do to save $ today?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Made 1.5 pounds of paneer cheese with DGDalmost14. She was fascinated! We seasoned it with pizza spice and sun dried tomatoes. She wanted to stay for the 48 hours until it is drained, just to be sure she got some !
That's cute. Isn't it fun to teach the kids stuff like this, especially when they actually get into it?

jynxthecat21

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow I'm in awe of how much you all do to save money and live better. Where do you get recepies for laundry soap and all that? I would really like to get away from so much store bought stuff. Any Ideas on where I could get a grain mill that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi Jynxthecat21! :welcome

Do a quick search on laundry detergent or anything else you want to know. The search button is up there in the blue margin. :)

Loads of info here on this site!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I dispatched 2 of my cockerels to freezer camp today.

We had leftover chicken for dinner.

For desert we are having blackberries we froze last summer with strawberries I picked in the garden and home made yogurt.

EggsForIHOP

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ooh Ooh! Pick me! Well, not really me, DH did it...

He traded auto mechanic work for Turkeys! ginormous Turkeys - now I see myself doing some serious work in the near future...but I thought this was a clever money saving thing!

He is going to fix an ac controller thingy and her door handle and get 3 big ole turkeys - 4H turkeys for to eat! Pretty cool I thought...except all the work involved, that's a little tiring just to think about!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Today I'm PLANNING to get some canning jars at a yard sale. They advertise, I come, haha. I also plan on hitting up about 6 other yard sales, looking for SS items, as well as a b-day gift for a niece and nephew.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Our air conditioner went out so rather than buy a new system, we found someone who can repair the old one. The new part won't be in for a week so in the meantime, we're doing the opposite of warm bricks in the winter... we're sleeping with ice packs wrapped in towels :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:woot

I scored big at 2 thrift sales today! I bought most of the clothes my son needs through size 6 (he is size 2 - 3 now) for... $25!!!

Good stuff - Old Navy, Calvin Klein, Children's Place, etc.

I am cheap and stingy, but my kid looks good. :gig