What did you do to save $ today?

vfem

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I got my ball canning jar coupons in last Sunday's paper. I called my mom, aunt and my husband's best friend's wife and made EVERYONE cut out the coupons for me.

However, walmart, where they are cheap does not have them in yet for the season :(

They are more expensive at Food Lion where the coupons won't go as far there. Oh well, these are good until July... I'll wait!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My WalMart has them....call and ask and let them know you are looking for them....could be that they are in the back room and not put out yet.

vfem

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
freemotion said:
My WalMart has them....call and ask and let them know you are looking for them....could be that they are in the back room and not put out yet.
Thank you, I'm going to call today!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I went to a rumage sale and found a nice wooden stool for $1. :weee I wasn't necessarily looking for a stool, but had had the idea not long ago that one would be very useful in the kitchen for times when I am marathon cooking, canning, or for nights when we eat dinner late, after working hard all day (and I am too tired to stand up for very long).

The best part is that I showed the stool to my dad and asked if he still had a certain color of paint hanging around and he took the initiative to paint it for me. :love Now I have a really cool looking stool for practically nothing. :celebrate

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I raked up the hay in the back field this afternoon. SO had weedwhacked it earlier this week. The tractor guy is supposedly coming tomorrow to disk the field. I got two nice big piles, probably as much as two bales of hay. and it's organic and "delivered" ;)

Now I am off to make dinner, using wild greens growing in between the planted stuff in the garden, homegrown onions and garlic and our own eggs. And I got a basket of strawberries from my garden too :drool

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
After my hike, I picked 4 lbs of blackberries at the state park today, I got free food and a free workout.

I smell black berry cobbler!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Picked blackberries. I actually plan to sell them for $5/pint at market, and they are wild so no cost at all to me, so I guess this falls under making money :) If they don't sell, I will have more free berries for my family.

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Drank the bosses beer, and didn't go into town. Ate his steak for dinner too.

He cooked. I just had to wash a few dishes.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Do your fingers, hands and forearms look like you lost a fight with a cat too? :p

Good for you!! Here is to free food!
Just terrible, yes! I've been making body balm, though, so I slather up with that at night and can sleep fine now :)

Another market day, so another $ making day today. I love swapping my produce with other vendors at the end for things I don't have. It saves me money!!