What did you do to save $ today?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I banked all my credits at the nursery until I got a 10% off and then bought the tomato cages and border and a bunch more plants for my new bed.

HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I bought something at a home improvement store a couple of weeks ago and only 4 days later their new catalog came out and that exact item was on sale for $30 less. I called the store and learned they have a 14-day price protection guarantee so I was able to go in and get a credit back to my card for the difference.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I poked around my insurance policies and found some ways to save. I was actually overinsured on the house :/ It added up to about $60 a month. Then I reduced my cell bill by $8 a month. So, that's about $15 more a week I didn't have :) I also cut lights out today and haven't run the AC....boy it's warm in here :p

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I paid off my car.... which means we can cancel the comprehensive insurance on an 11 year old car! Oh, and not paying interest on a loan. :D

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
when i paid my car ins they wanted to quote me for home owners ins. i said what the heck go ahead. they said 550 a year. i said well let me call my ins co and see cause i think its only like 50 more a year for home owners so it wont be worth it to change. well i called nationwide. they said IM PAYING 1200 A YEAR. i said i want to cancel it NOW. so i saved 650 a year changing my home owners ins.

Wannabefree said:
I poked around my insurance policies and found some ways to save. I was actually overinsured on the house :/ It added up to about $60 a month. Then I reduced my cell bill by $8 a month. So, that's about $15 more a week I didn't have :) I also cut lights out today and haven't run the AC....boy it's warm in here :p

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh and i sent my mortgage co $40,000 on my 44,000 mortgage so im sure thats a lot saved. only owe a whopping 4,000 on my house now.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
oh and i sent my mortgage co $40,000 on my 44,000 mortgage so im sure thats a lot saved. only owe a whopping 4,000 on my house now.
Wish I could do that! WOW! Must feel GREAT! :thumbsup

Good deal on the insurrance too ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yowza on the mortgage!

Ginger gave me triplets today, two doelings and a buckling. I cleaned the stall and the chickens cleaned up in the compost pile later. Saved on chicken food..... :sick

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went thru my coupons and bought $180 worth of stuff for $113.

Latest posts