What did you do to save $ today?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Farmer Jamie ~I got an e-mail from backyard chickens newsletter that had a purina feed challenge. If you sign up, you get a $3 off coupon for 1 bag of layena or chick feed. I don't know if you can go directly to purina's website and sign up or not. If not, pm me and I'll forward my e-mail to you if you're interested.
Yep, saw that from BYC, so I did already, thanks! :) I seem to remember those promotions come out quarterly (?).

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I saved $$$$ by NOT partaking of the chicks marked 50% off at TSC this morning. :D

Bantams, mixed pullets, and straight run white leghorns.

fosterchick

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My Daughter said that her lunch box in worn out. So after thinking for 2 days, I made one. I made it out of Capri Sun pouches. I got the pouches at work that the children were putting in the trash. So all of the project was FREE. I then went on to make some for rewards for the childre at work.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
fosterchick said:
My Daughter said that her lunch box in worn out. So after thinking for 2 days, I made one. I made it out of Capri Sun pouches. I got the pouches at work that the children were putting in the trash. So all of the project was FREE. I then went on to make some for rewards for the childre at work.
Awesome! Make some more and sell them - they're trendy now.

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DH bought me a TON of yarn at a yardsale for $10.00. Als. got me a bunch of knitting supplies at another for $5. I'm taking free knitting classes at church, so most of this winter's wardrobe and Christmas will cost next to nil! Also went through my jewelry box and pulled out all the broken gold pieces and stuff that I never wear, turning it in on monday! Plus I just sold two roosters and two rabbits.:thumbsup

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Instead of using the electric lawn mower and using up our expensive hay, I "walked" the goats all over our lawn and they got it about 1/3 mowed. I think if I do this a couple more days, it won't need mowing at all out there. It won't have a manicured look, but I also won't be buying as much hay!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I let the horses in the parking area to eat the grass so I don't have to buy as much hay. And, it worked well for about 20 minutes. Then Honey the Haflinger went thru the rope I had up, and I had to go and round all 4 of them up and put them away. No more letting Honey and Licorice in there until I get the electric up! Misty won't go near the rope, and while Stormy will go under it at times, he doesn't go far.