What did you get???

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
A Macbook Pro computer:weee :weee :weee my old computer is in its dying day's. I opened up a new account here . Changed my user name from
Bambi to lazyday because I was having trouble transfering .....couldn't remember the password :hu

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Right now we are working on so little income and no assistance that we just couldn't do Christmas. When we get moved and are spending less on gas and rent, we will have to buy furniture and stuff for thehouse and that will be Christmas enough. I do have a food saver in my amazon cart and have the money saved to get it but no place to put it when it arrives. So I wait.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I got an incubator, new flannel shirts, jeans, and various gift cards :D I am very blessed :D

daver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I got the gift of my brother visiting for a few hours. We've had an on and off relationship over the years. Showed him an area on the backside of my property where we could shoot skeet. Overlooks a swampy area that would be safe and meet our needs.

I got to give a small lesson to my oldest grandson about animal husbandry. We were out in the yard, playing with his new helicopter toy but he was more interested in the chickens and guineas than the helicopter. LOL and I am a helicopter guy by trade!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got a beautiful mixing bowl, some nice measuring cups and spoons, and a bracelet made from recycled antique spoons... We also paid our last mortgage payment on December 3rd, so finally really owning this house was our big Christmas present :)

It was a great Christmas... it's the first year in the last 5 that we've bothered with a tree and some of the celebrating. Having a baby certainly makes it a lot more fun, she had tons of fun and loved everything even if there weren't tons of flashy presents... she had more fun helping me wrap (which usually meant spreading ribbon all over the floor), or helping me cook (by spilling flour all over the kitchen and building piles around the floor)... and I had tons of fun watching her discover the magic of Christmas.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my big gift was my kitchenaid
i also got a nice journal to keep track of my journey here on the homestead from the parents

my sister gave me a nice purse some new gloves and 3 beautiful prints of her own pictures :)

and my brother got me seaosn 3 of true blood :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We don't exchange gifts, but we spent Christmas Eve with dear friends and Christmas Day with dear family :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm getting a dump cart to hook up to my riding mower! That will make keeping my field cleaned up so much easier. (Now I just need to get the mower running again. :/) I also got a couple of cast iron frying pans.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubby got me a Jack Lalane juicer...I've been talking about it all year!! I also got LED under cabinet lighting for my cave..I mean my kitchen. Now I'll be able to see what I juice! Kids chipped in and bought a huge set of glass food storage containers. Buh-Bye nasty plastic!!

Oldest DD surprised me with a heart-shaped necklace that's inscribed with a beautiful saying about remembering each hug I've given her in her heart. She's 12, almost 13(end of January) and a full blown teen, complete with attitude so this was very special.

Overall, the best gift was not being in the same place this year as last. DH lost his job October 2010 and we were hurting big time last winter. Christmas was beyond sparse last year and tensions were running high due to my FIL who came for a week long visit and wound up staying for 9 months!! Glad we weathered the storm and made it thru with only a few scars!! Looking forward to 2012!!