What do I do with a fish after I hook it?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't know. I've never cleaned fish any other way. And I also haven't done this in years. I haven't had the time to go fishing for several years.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't had the time to go fishing for several years.
I know how that is, last year I fished a little bit but it was in a lake by a library, and since people dump their red ear sliders there we caught way more of those than fish!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I used to fish lots when I was a child, but then I lost interest. My son is mad about fishing though :)

Last year we moved to the coast and while at the beach one day we spotted a huge (for a rock pool) fish. I of course went after it. It took me about 5 minutes and getting completely soaked (this was in the middle of winter!), but I got it!! Nice, big fish it was and oh it tasted heavenly too.

DH teased me something awful about it for ages afterwards, my going "hand fishing" like that, so I quipped back that I caught a bigger fish with my bare HANDS than he did with a rod :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've always outfished my hubby. Maybe that's why we don't go fishing any more. :lol:

chefsdreams

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i think i shared with y'all that my son is a wilderness ranger in the sierra nevada mtns. every year i visit him and we hike into the high country and he takes me to new places to fish. his girlfriend comes along when she can. and i learned very early on not to tease and just be grateful for dinner... :bow

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 321

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In Arkansas you might consider a bucket of water or a cooler because if they are on a stringer they may get ate by a snake or snapping turtle. More than a few times we have pulled in the fish stringer to find a snake or turtle latched on. An exciting time for one and all as people are cursing, laughing, running...

Annabellam

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Nice thread! Also had no idea what to do with fish after catching it, cannot laugh:yuckyuck

chefsdreams

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Arkansas... reminds me of the time my brother took me on a trip floating down the buffalo river. that was a really magical adventure. we floated and fished and camped. we caught small mouth bass. his girlfriend at the time was choctaw and she brought us to her granny's house for dinner. that fantastic woman fed us and then took us out to sit on her front porch where she poured us some of her own moonshine! :celebrate.
we were dancing in the moonlight that night, i can tell you

Latest posts