What do soy beans and omega three have in common?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan He has some lovely insights on soy.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan He has some lovely insights on soy.
Yes he does! This is a must read for anyone concerned with proper nutrition for themselves or their families.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have the Omnivore's Dilemma and am embarrassed to say I find it a bit dry. I should pull it out and get thru the rest of it. It does have a lot of good info, but I find myself sitting with eyes glazed over suddenly realizing I have no idea what I just read!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Dace said:
I have the Omnivore's Dilemma and am embarrassed to say I find it a bit dry. I should pull it out and get thru the rest of it. It does have a lot of good info, but I find myself sitting with eyes glazed over suddenly realizing I have no idea what I just read!
Maybe try it in CD or PlayAway format. One of his books I listened to last summer and was actually laughing myself silly in the blackberry thickets. It was read by Scott Brick. I had the same issue with The End of Poverty, another dryish book, until an excellent reader brought it to life for me :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
on cd is a great idea!

I did pull my book out. I think I was still in the corn section, just on the brink of the next chapter. I have a little car ride with DH this morning so I will pack it a long and try to get into it. I know it have very valuable info so I really just need to grind it out and read the darn thing.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have checked out Omnivore's dilemma 3 times and still haven't read it all the way through. I plan on getting it again after I finish Gone With the Wind, never read that either until now and I've never seen the movie either but I refuse to watch a movie unless I have read the book first. I'm a dork. :p

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Dace said:
on cd is a great idea!

I did pull my book out. I think I was still in the corn section, just on the brink of the next chapter. I have a little car ride with DH this morning so I will pack it a long and try to get into it. I know it have very valuable info so I really just need to grind it out and read the darn thing.
I was "in the corn," so to speak, in the middle of a road trip from WI to Iowa for my brother's wedding last summer. It was pretty ironic!