What do you charge for duck eggs?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
In some markets, sure. In my area I am lucky to get $3. Most people around here have no clue they are edible :rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You mean you can eat duck eggs?!!! EEEWWWWW!!!!!! :p

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/2057193368.html

Above link is to a post for duck eggs. They are charging $5 per dozen if you buy several dozen or $5.50 per dozen for a single dozen. Can you really get that much for duck eggs?
You sure can IF you are if the right location where there is good demand and weak supply. I am half way between Ft Bragg (think asian "war brides") and Research Triangle Park (asian Tech. Masters) Prices are usually $0.50/egg at farmers markets in the triangle area (Techs are still earning big wages) Down at Bragg it is easier to deal through asian stores which usually pay $5/doz and they do the retailing. The drill is to load up to hit the farmer markets,(different days dependding on location) sell what you can at the big price and take the leftovers to the asian stores at Bragg.The stores often complain that I don't provide enough eggs, I just reply pay more to get more you match the $6 price I can get up north and I'll bring all my eggs to you. They know I am serious but claim their customers balk at a higher retail price.
In most of asia duck eggs are valued higher than chicken eggs since most ducks tend to be seasonal layers (they lay the most in the spring and taper off to almost nothing in winter) Duck eggs are superior for baking and tend to have a richer flavor than factory raised chickens.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Not only are duck eggs edible, they are delicious and fantastic for baking like gd said. I made a duck egg quiche the other day with chopped spinach, red onion, parm and mozzarella cheese. I baked it in individual size servings using a muffin tin.

It's great for pancakes too. I make low carb pumpkin pancakes all the time :D

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:th Wow. ...hurries off to threaten the ducks again to lay or else...