What do you do to cut costs, when you have done all you can?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Why did you have to collect receipts if you were paid 750 regardless?
My last job, for almost 5 years was to catch people doing exactly that - LMAO. I was an expense administrator for a medical manuf. and service company.
:gig I SO would have caught you! :gig :gig :gig
Remember this was in 1993 and also had a special full time bean counter just for that purpose.

The company was paid $750 and I only got $100 of it. I don't know if it was a company rule or IRS but certain expenses under say $30 did not need a receipt but since I had a fancy electronic receipt printer that I could duplicate just about any stores I turned them in anyways. The company made the profit on the million dollar equipment sold and the $750 was to cover my labor and expenses which seldom went over $300.

I got good practice back in 1986 when I couldn't qualify for a home mortgage and modified all my pay stubs, bank records, and tax returns - I would definitely not recommend that now as it is serious fraud and was a stupid thing to do. Also having all the equipment I Incorporated myself into a business and opened a corporate bank account using the professional parchment papers a $1000 lawyer would of used. I am glad all the statue of limitations are far past.

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cheating the system, even though you didn't get caught, doesn't make it right. Please hear me out and understand I am not passing judement. I have done my fair share of wrongs throughout my life and am not judging.

But to suggest that someone else follow in your footsteps, leads me to believe that you feel you were in the right. Understanding the company was making money off your back, it is not your place to try and cheat the system to recoop those profits.

Remember "Do unto others as you would have them do to you!"

Sheila

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
XPC was billed out for $750 per day to the customer

he was paid $100 plus expenses

he doctored the expenses a bit big deal LOL

yea it isn't truly right to do but I have seen worse out there

I don't think u were into monster fraud at that point XPC lol

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I think renting out your house is a good idea. Since you have your trailer, you could still live at the property, when you return home and that way you would also be able to keep a tab on your tenants. Do a month to month rental agreement.
Are there seasonal jobs in your area, where people need a place to stay for a few months? If you don't want to rent out for long term, maybe you could rent out to a seasonal worker.

Where I live we have wineries and I rented out a room to winery interns for several months of the year. It brought me extra income, without having someone live with me on a permanent basis. Plus the fact that these young people were rarely home. I enjoyed their company though, especially since they were from different countries.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Interesting Farmer Denise. Great way to rent out space without a long term headache.

Another option would be to exchange living at the house (or using part of the house) with gardening and animal tending so you COULD have a garden and meat critters even if you are never home.

In theory, the "urban farm hand" would take care of the garden and feed the critters instead of paying rent. I would make them pay for utilities though since your bills are so low not being there most of the time.

Latest posts