What do you do with Mt Rainier cherries?

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We gleened pounds and pound of cherries today. Bing and Mt. Rainier. I've canned all sorts of Bing recipes but I'm not sure if Mt. Rainiers are treated/used in the same way.

Help, please? :)

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wow, I've never had more than I can eat fresh. They are soooo good and very expensive here. I suppose you could dry them, make fruit leather, jam, anything else you'd do with cherries.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live in cherry country in WA,and my FIL grows Rainiers, we use them just like other varieties,great just canned and put in fruit salads,I also make jelly out of them.Enjoy!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm jealous :drool I need to teleport over there.
I could use about 50 lbs of them. Me and hubby would eat 5 lbs fresh, each. Make wine with 5 lbs, freeze about 5 lbs and dry the rest to snack on through the year. Yum!

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ya'll are funny. :lol: I'll be happy to share if someone shows up at my door. ;)

Thanks for the info. So, this'll be fun to use the two different varieties. I'll make jam, ice cream sauce, pit and freeze some, can some whole - both varieties. Of course, we eat them fresh, too. We had fruit smoothies for dinner tonight with loads of cherries. *slurp* :p