What does your user name mean?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Some of yours are self explanatory, but others are not.

I'm savingdogs because I've volunteered for many years doing dog rescue. Sometimes I didn't even volunteer, but dogs seem to find us! I've been savingdogs for many years in different forms, but I always pick that name.

How about you?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm Wannabefree because I want to be out of the rat race and into SS living and I am workin on it!! :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I work in a professional IT office setting. My coworkers can't comprend the garden, the canning, and most certainly my chickens. You can just buy that stuff at the store!!! During the financial meltdown two years ago, we were talking "end of society" scenarios at lunch - one of the "kids" said "we'll just go hang out at Farmer Jamie's, he'll feed us".

the name stuck.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mine is kind of self-explanatory,...mine is Up-the-Creek because I live up the creek, the creek runs right in front of my house....not because I am up the creek with no paddle,..:lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
The name of our mini farm!
1635_farm_sign_003.jpg

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
When I first joined I had Barred Rocks and Buff Orpington cross

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mine is pretty simple. It means I have no imagination! LOL I use the same one everywhere and it is easy to remember.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The Deb is for 2 reasons,

1. My name is Debi (short for Debra) I get called both Deb and Debi, as well as DJ.

2. My mom wanted me to be a perfect lady, a real Deb, if you will. However, instead of the dresses that she wanted me to wear, I preferred wearing jeans. And, if she wouldn't buy them for me, I'd either wear my older brothers' hand me downs, or buy my own. So, I was basically a Deb in denim, or a Denim Deb.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
SKR8PN pronounced SCRAPIN' as in "That truck is scrapin' the ground"

This is SKR8PN, aka my heart attack. It had air ride suspension that was adjustable. I took a very heavy financial hit at the hands of a body shop owner that I thought was my friend. Hence the heart attack.

394547236.jpg

394547235.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I used to make lip balm with beeswax as one of the main ingredients and the label was Beekissed. The very first forum I visited was when I was researching having bees of my own and everyone had bee related monikers....so I just chose that one.

When I gravitated to other forums I was much too lazy to change either the name or my password and so kept them for all forums.

So....Bee it is. :p