what foods have you never tried?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
I ate them mostly as a kid. Didnt seem to do much damage. Cept my boobs are small, but that I think was a genetic malfunction. ;)
Feed them to a man, and you will find out the effect ;) Nough said ;)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
hillfarm said:
I ate them mostly as a kid. Didnt seem to do much damage. Cept my boobs are small, but that I think was a genetic malfunction. ;)
Where can I find some????? :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
hillfarm said:
Where can I find some????? :D
well, if you hunt or raise any kind of meat, you can harvest them that way...

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone a fan of Pho?
I keep seeing it on foodie travel shows, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. It sounds pretty good, though. :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I haven't tried sweetbreads, brains and eggs, or tongue. MyT Man was raised on the stuff and swears by it but I'm having a hard time imagining eating something that could lick me back!

Pickled herring was a Christmas tradition in our family for my Dad and Granddad. I think I tried it just because they ate it and I love it!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Been thinking about this- fun thread! Living in socal has given me chances to try lots of new fruits and veggies -cherimoya, persimmon, jujubes, daikon, dragonfruit, chayote, guava, pepino. Many people at the community garden grow taro, and I'd like to try that.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've had almost everything that has been listed so far except the truffles (cuz I'm sure that the chocolate kind doesn't count!:p) and Brain! I am a very adventurous eater!
One of my favorite things to gross out folks with is the Sea cucumber--yummy yummy sea flavored rubber! lol
Rattlesnake comes in second to the sea cucumber!
I love kohlrabi raw with just a bit of sea salt. But something around here likes them more than me as I end up with only one or two each year before the whole plants just start disappearing :( .

I know that there has to be something that I want to try but haven't yet but have drain bramage at the moment and just can't think of one yet! :barnie

Wait!! I got it! Sea Squirts! Andrew Zimmeran had them in Chile! There I got one! lol

If you are really willing to try something good--get small live octopus and have it prepared quickly and dip the still squirming tentacles in ginger soy sauce and chew vigorously! They do like to cling a bit on the way down!:drool Keep the lips closed tho--they will try to make a break for it!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Emerald said:
I've had almost everything that has been listed so far except the truffles (cuz I'm sure that the chocolate kind doesn't count!:p) and Brain! I am a very adventurous eater!
One of my favorite things to gross out folks with is the Sea cucumber--yummy yummy sea flavored rubber! lol
Rattlesnake comes in second to the sea cucumber!
I love kohlrabi raw with just a bit of sea salt. But something around here likes them more than me as I end up with only one or two each year before the whole plants just start disappearing :( .

I know that there has to be something that I want to try but haven't yet but have drain bramage at the moment and just can't think of one yet! :barnie

Wait!! I got it! Sea Squirts! Andrew Zimmeran had them in Chile! There I got one! lol

If you are really willing to try something good--get small live octopus and have it prepared quickly and dip the still squirming tentacles in ginger soy sauce and chew vigorously! They do like to cling a bit on the way down!:drool Keep the lips closed tho--they will try to make a break for it!
Oh. THose sea squirts were beyond disgusting :sick

And I will not eat an animal that is still alive.

Latest posts