What Grain Mill should I get?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would like to stock up on some whole wheat for emergencies but I will need a mill to grind it. The Problem is which one. Can someone please point me to an economical and dependable one?
Thanks, Nancy

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have you priced them? Do you want manual or electric?, The Family Grain Mill has really good reviews, and is apparently a moderately priced one, which still seems expensive to me. I came very close to buying one, but for now am buying my flour already sprouted, ground and frozen.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was looking for a manual one. I am seeing prices ranging from $30 to $800's.
I would prefer to come in around $100 or less.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Victorio has one for $69 on sale. I was impressed with their food press, for no more than it costs.

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i need to get one aswell. i could really just use a hand powered one, but i may try to get one with both.... I am looking to spend no more than 150 for one......

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
mrscoyote said:
No, I am in the shopping stage.
oh your the original thread starter. HAHA. im still looking around as well....cant seem to find a popular hand powered one on amazon...

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hhave been very pleased with the K-tech that I have had for about 15 years. It is fast and has a large hopper in the bottom. The only downside is that it is loud, but I usually use it on the back deck.