What Happened to Nap Time???

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
The ice cream is in the freezer, you'll have to get it yourself. I'm putting my feet up. :p

Just remember, I was where you are. I had seven in 10 years. I know what it is like to be tired and to lay there on the couch half asleep, hoping that the kids playing on the floor won't sneak off and smear butter all over the kitchen and rub your spices into it if you doze a bit too hard. I really am sympathetic. Really.

But I EARNED the privilege of having teens to help me out! :)
:yuckyuck

So, are you saying that they did smear the butter and rub the spices in it???

My favorite one is when my 4 yo told me that I got to be the sleeping princess and they were going to be the princes to wake me up. Bad thing about being told to lay down on the couch and close your eyes is that I woke up and hoped they were still in the house. Then they got mad at me, because they didn't get a chance to kiss me awake.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Napping with toddlers in the house, always a risk! :lol: I laid down to "rest my eyes" one time when my daughter was napping. Woke up to find her closed up in our little half bath giving the cat a bath with liquid laundry soap and eggs.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Napping with toddlers in the house, always a risk! :lol: I laid down to "rest my eyes" one time when my daughter was napping. Woke up to find her closed up in our little half bath giving the cat a bath with liquid laundry soap and eggs.
:ep :lol:

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
My stepkids are 8 and almost 6 and they still have "quiet time" every day they're with us (and they have it at daycare too). We all need a rest time, and they're welcome to read/write/draw quietly in their bedrooms. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Ok, now that is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
today is another I need a nap day.

Was up until 1 am finishing those pies, and up early multiple times to pee LOLOL

Baby Boy is napping, for once! and I'm so jealous! lol I'm the only one home with the kids right now, and without another adult in the house I don't trust sleeping with 4 rambunctious kids in the house!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I remember coming home after work when I was working a 72 hour week and lying down on the couch to get some rest. I'd place a Davey Crockett video in the VHS player, line the three boys up on top of my body and then fall asleep. That way I would wake up if any of them tried to get off the couch and get into mischief!

Ahhhhh...those were the days! :p I miss the boys being so little they could all sit on top of me without me screaming in pain and dying of suffocation! :lol: