What I learned in Kmart today!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
A Kmart employee as we were leaving asked, "Are you ready to check out?"
We told her we had just come to see if they had the travel system I wanted and she said Oh Ok.
She looks at Baby Boy and smiled and asked, " When are you due?" and I said 3 weeks.
She then asked, "do you know what you're having?" and we said girl.
Again she looks at Baby Boy, smiles, looks at us and is beaming and says, "Congratulations"

Me to E on the way to the car: Wow, she was sincere in her congrats! I bet only because we didn't tell her about the other kids!
We laughed the whole way to the car.

Moral: Don't tell people how many kids you have, and they're honestly happy for you to be pregnant!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well I LOVE seeing big families with lots of kiddos:) Have a few friends here with 6 or more children, a couple with 9! One woman i know was having her baby #10, while her daughter was onto her second. I think it is wonderful. After all the toruble I had with my oldest I decided to stop at three, but had they all been great kids I think I would have had many more...my DH might not agree though!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Yeah, never admit more then two in today's world :(
Each of us has different sized families, but I get a bit upset over the number of people that are offended at larger families.
You would think that you were trying to make them take care of them for you :lol:

My mother was often tempted to tell nosy people that the 6 were at home, when they asked if "ALL" 6 of those children were hers.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care how many children you have-as long as you don't expect ME to pay for them. If you can afford them, and can handle that many, that's your business, not mine. I knew B4 I ever had children that I only wanted 2, and that's all I had.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Personally, I don't care how many children you have-as long as you don't expect ME to pay for them. If you can afford them, and can handle that many, that's your business, not mine. I knew B4 I ever had children that I only wanted 2, and that's all I had.
X2
but I only had 1 lol

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Denim Deb said:
X2
but I only had 1 lol
x3 but I only had NONE! And that was after 3 wives! LOL! LOL!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I would have a litter of kids if it weren't for the fact that my ex was an awful-terrible-horrible-terrible parent...did I mention he was a terrible parent?

I love a big family!!!

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For Real!?!?!?!?!

Who cares how many kids you have. I'm shocked that anyone would act like that! :rant
I was only given the privilege of having one but I would have had more if the Lord had allowed.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We'd love to have more children, but I'm afraid it would tip me over into point-of-no-return diabetes. (We already have three. I birthed two of them.)

We'd like to be foster parents in the not-to-distant future, though, so maybe (hopefully) that scratches the itch. I always wanted a big family. DH is just happy to have a family at all, he calls himself a natalist, LOL.

gypsi001

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have never been on this site before but its quite interesting. I have 5 kids and i tell ya, its awful how people can try and put their two cents in about having more than two. I went to target the other day to buy shaving cream and i had 9 bottles. doesnt last long in our house. the manager came over and said i couldnt buy them all and i said what do you mean i cant buy them. she said its the stores discretion and she said i could have 4 only. I asked her if she thought that was for a family or 4? and told her i have 5 kids. she continued by telling me unless we used a can a day, i couldnt buy them. I was like WHAT? who says a person is limited to only 2 kids. she was basically telling me i had too many and practically throwing me out of the store. ugggg. I told her that she could come watch me use my can of shaving cream and it wouldnt only be my legs i was shaving. hmpf. then i walked out and said "Im going to walmart"... the nerve of some people. limiting my products to 2 kids and a husband. thats just plain wrong. :(