What is going on in Europe?

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
NBC and MSNBC reported Ms Pelosi's aid requested the G-5 jets for Ms. Pelosi and sometimes her traveling companions. Since MSNBC and NBC tend to be more accomodating to Ms. Pelosi and others of her political leaning, I was somewhat surprised that they would even report this item! I would hope that Ms. Pelosi would recognise that flying in a G-5, on the tax payers dime, would be a faux pas and common sense would prevail. This is especially true when Congress is beating up on the executives of companies and banks that are too big to fail. These executives were accepting taxpayer bailout money and then flying home in their private jets. Unfortunately the use of common sense is as scarce now a days as ethics and integrity are in business and politics.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29643301/

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/us_world/Pelosi-Out-Divas-Britney-Spears.html

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
When a person despises Pelosi, it's easy to not get offended. But, if it were someone a person really liked, then it's easier to see how offensive it is.

I thought the point of Nifty's post was to keep this site civil, and being ugly about a political party that obviously some people on this forum support is not really civil.

I really disliked a lot of Bush's policies, but how helpful would it be for me to start calling him nasty names and then, when some expresses offense at that, call it free speech? Just because it CAN be said does not mean it SHOULD be said.

Besides, I don't think people are having "poor-me" hurt feelings over Pelosi. I think people just think it is rude, obnoxious and unnessary to behave that way on a public forum, repeatedly.
As I said, I hope that all will keep the discussion on an adult level - truly, if you go back and read what I wrote you'll see that I did. I'm sure Homesteadmom gets your point, let's not belabor it.