what is the difference (in kidspeak)between homeopathy and naturopathy

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
CJW, I'm thinking that falls under the use of herbalism, but either way :thumbsup

(I definitely believe in homeopathic works.. I guess i'm just not the type to need proof of everything.. I hope the day never comes when everything has a scientific overtone.)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Go ahead and stick with solid science... they are very good at creating diseases that are fully incurable, and their drugs are superior at rotting your bones, depleting your nutrition, destroying your immune system, and curing nothing. ... not only that the agents of science, the pharmaceutical companies, lie about their studies....

Remember vioxx and the 50,000 it took out.

Remember Avandia and the many thousands that drug took out.

Science has sold it soul to the highest bidder and you are its guinea pigs....

OINK OINK
*laughing* Those aren't science. Those are pharmeceutical companies. They're not supposed to have souls. They're supposed to make money off the gullible. And have been doing so for as far back as people have been getting sick.

The fact that you confuse that with solid science makes all your statements lose validity to me.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I find that the more I read, the more I learn, the more I hear the more I understand. What I know is that conventional medicines do not always work, and alot of times create problems even when they cure others. What I also know is that alternative medicines do not always work, but at least they don't harm your body while not helping heal. Honestly, I'll take the one that doesn't harm my body over the one that does. I can live with a little pain. Hell, unless I'm going through gut wrenching pain I tend to not feel it anyways. Too many people focus on the little things, instead of being thankful they don't have to deal with the big things. And a somewhat small but quickly growing group of people can't all be wrong about the same thing. some of the "holistic" approach is hokum, and smoke and mirrors. There are quacks out there. But really, there are those same quacks in conventional medicine. It took a nutrionist, not a doctor, to figure out I'm gluten intolerant, and she did that simply by looking in my eyes. Go figure. And, no, I'm not saying because she said so, I believe it. I took myself off gluten and solved that problem on my own. But it took her pointing me in the right direction to solve that problem.

Also, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have scientific proof that these things work. Really, they are starting to study them, one at a time, and they are discovering that herbs and tinctures and such do work, properly applied. And no, I don't know what studies, I don't have that info, look it up for yourself :p Not all science is bad, sometimes (i can't believe I'm saying this) it is beneficial :)

ETA : We do not feed our fowl hormones or antibiotics. Instead, we mix some dried kelp and prebiotic (note the pre, not pro) in with their feed and let them freerange. We've had chickens die because they were stupid, or they got attacked by a dog or fox, and one who died from an infection that we weren't able to properly treat, but overall they've been healthy, happy, and lively. They may just be animals, but I figure if it works for them....

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
If your chicken feed contains soy you are feeding hormones to your chickens.
I know, it doesn't :) Its organic and comes off a farm in nebraska :) I have a deep deep aversion to soy.

But, that is a very good point thank you :)

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
CJW, I'm thinking that falls under the use of herbalism, but either way :thumbsup
What I gave him was homeopathic arnica balls from the little blue cylinders. I can't remember the name of the company atm.

Either way, it worked! :)