What is the one thing you splurge on?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gasoline is becoming a "luxury" again. I remember when gas was really high a few years back. Cost me $90 to fill my truck. Almost a heart attack :old :lol: I see things going that bad again. Guess I'll begin driving my car again as mileage is way better. Saves even with more insurance, etc. Just hate that car. Was mom's, so nothing I selected! Probably need to sell and buy different but, do know how this one's been kept and only 80,000 miles on a 2003!! So....frugal me keeps it. 😶

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chocolate a splurge? 🤔 I thought a necessity! 😁 :old don't break my bubble!

haha! i understand. we've gotten very spoiled with our chocolate supplier. he's been really good to us the past year (20 large bars of chocolate at no charge because he likes all the quilting that Mom does for the vets and hospice). he happens to be a manager of a big box store and gets an employee discount so it works out great for us. i'm trying to lose a few more lbs before winter sets in so the next month i should be restricting my chocolate and other sweets feasting but it is so hard when things are so good.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
inflation has continually made a dent in the value of things we buy so i always think in terms of what things used to cost and if they've changed all that much once i add for inflation. gas prices have not changed all that much IMO

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
inflation has continually made a dent in the value of things we buy so i always think in terms of what things used to cost and if they've changed all that much once i add for inflation. gas prices have not changed all that much IMO

IMHO, these calculators are a decent reference point, but don't take into account the changing (often reduced) costs of production or reduced scarcity/improved availability of the resource/good/service.

I almost had an econ degree as a second major, but I wanted to graduate and not spend any more on tuition. :)