What Is Your Weird Comfort Food?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yum!!!! I like beans and chips too.

I also like coleslaw on buttered bread, top the tator and potato chips and corn mixed in my mashed potatoes and gravy. (All of these I rarely get as they are all considered holiday foods)

Mom will climb mountains for stuffing and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. i like all of it but don't consider it comfort food.

the simplest thing we do is tomato chunks and macaroni - that's kind of a staple around here, especially when we can a lot of tomatoes from the garden. it can then be turned into a lot of other things too if needed. most often i just put a bit of butter on top and call it good enough.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this and wondered.....What food/s do you like to eat as a comfort food others may think is weird?
Me.....I like to mix pork and beans with potato chips in a bowl. The beans have to be cold, tho.
Its so yummy.
So what do you like to eat?

Discuss.......
Yum!!!! I like beans and chips too.

I also like coleslaw on buttered bread, top the tator and potato chips and corn mixed in my mashed potatoes and gravy. (All of these I rarely get as they are all considered holiday foods)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I did that as a child! It was sooo good!

But, here's one or ya'll - I grew up on peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches - even better with thinly sliced onion, lol. Sounds insane to me sometimes, but now I really want to try it again.

to me it tastes a lot like liver. we used Miracle Whip. i ended up preferring bananas and peanut butter (and marshmallow cream)...