What Is Your Weird Comfort Food?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this and wondered.....What food/s do you like to eat as a comfort food others may think is weird?
Me.....I like to mix pork and beans with potato chips in a bowl. The beans have to be cold, tho.
Its so yummy.
So what do you like to eat?

Discuss.......

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this and wondered.....What food/s do you like to eat as a comfort food others may think is weird?
Me.....I like to mix pork and beans with potato chips in a bowl. The beans have to be cold, tho.
Its so yummy.
So what do you like to eat?

Discuss.......
Yum!!!! I like beans and chips too.

I also like coleslaw on buttered bread, top the tator and potato chips and corn mixed in my mashed potatoes and gravy. (All of these I rarely get as they are all considered holiday foods)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
corn mixed in my mashed potatoes
I did that as a child! It was sooo good!

But, here's one or ya'll - I grew up on peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches - even better with thinly sliced onion, lol. Sounds insane to me sometimes, but now I really want to try it again.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cream in just about anything.

A really good spaghetti sauce or ragu, stir in a generous amount of cream. Who needs pasta?
Add cream to chili. Beats sour cream x1000
Sparkling strawberry juice... add cream. Like italian cream soda, but "clean"
Orange juice... add cream. It's a creamsicle in a glass, y'all!

Peanut butter (Great Value organic creamy peanut butter, the others don't have the right consistency) + honey + salt. Better than a Reese's peanut butter cup any day!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ox tail soup? It's something we had growing up. Mom says even Great Grandma made it. I do occasionally, but oxtail can be expensive in the store now.

Another dish I grew up eating. Käsespätzle with meat and mushroom gravy. If you're in a hurry and poor in the US, you can substitute mac & cheese with a meat gravy over it.

Having leftover gravy on a slice of bread for lunch is also a childhood meal that I very occasionally indulge in.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hot fresh crunchy french fries or steak fries and a chocolate malt. salty, hot, greasy, cold, chocolate yummy. in a pinch almost burned and buttered toast and hot chocolate can work for the same general experience.

hot chocolate and hot sauce.

goopy things like tapioca pudding or the filling we make for cream puffs.

agree with sour cream, beans, bean dips, melted cheese or cheese cakes, frostings, basically sugar and fat.

good vanilla! nutmeg! and in an emergency a lot of brandy alexanders...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ox tail soup? It's something we had growing up. Mom says even Great Grandma made it. I do occasionally, but oxtail can be expensive in the store now.

Another dish I grew up eating. Käsespätzle with meat and mushroom gravy. If you're in a hurry and poor in the US, you can substitute mac & cheese with a meat gravy over it.

throw in some tater tots and you nearly have poutine. i could have that for breakfast ritemeow!

Having leftover gravy on a slice of bread for lunch is also a childhood meal that I very occasionally indulge in.

i remember at times taking the crust off a slice of Wonder Bread and then rolling the doughy center up and eating it (and then eating the crusts too)...

chicken-a-la-king was like naked pot pies over toast. sometimes had sliced hard boiled eggs in it.

Latest posts