What kind and how many animals do you have?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
LOL! I was just wondering! I don't know how they type out blue or black Orp so I suppose it could have meant that.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I love all the different stories of how people got their critters

We have:

13 hens and one roo, the roo is a mutt from our own chickens

12 chicks, all frizzle mutts, residing in the living room with their momma right now, close to the wood stove and with a heating pad.

1 chinchilla rabbit, he showed up in the front yard one freezing cold January evening. He now lives in 1/2 of the large dog pen and is a fine contributor of fertilizer, and probably the least expensive critter to feed since he eats weeds, fruit tree sticks, hay that I harvested from our field and very little purchased rabbit feed. We had him in the house when we first got him, but he liked to chew on too many wires and after replacing about $100 worth of cables we decided he needed to live outside! :rolleyes:

1 old cermudgeon black cat, he was born a feral cat and SO got him when he was maybe 8 weks old. He is now about 12 years old, very overweight and grouchy.

1 black kitty (9 months old) Petey, he was dropped off at the Humane Society with his siblings when he was maybe 3 days old. I fostered him and his sister. He thinks I am momma.

1 dog, lab mix, we fostered her and decided to keep her. She will be 3 this June.

1 fancy goldfish in an inside tank

1 anole lizzard, he was suppoed to be food for a snake, but the snake died before he could eat the lizard.

Unknown number of mealworms, they started reproducing in the lizard tank, so I don't have to buy them anymore either! the chicks love them. I just make sure I always have enough to feed the lizard, but he gets caterpillars from outside too, if I can get them before the chickens do :p

a pond full of goldfish

We foster puppies and kittens, so they keep me busy at various times.

We are looking to add a dog and maybe goats and/or sheep. We also want more chickens, including meat birds. We'll wait to get more chicks til April though. I don't like raising chicks in this cold weather, because they have to spend so much time in the house and stinking the place up :sick

And we also inadvertently feed an unknown number of rats, we do what we can to keep their numbers down, but it seems to be a loosing battle. I recently discovered that they chewed through a box of vinyl tablecloths, that I had scrounged from various events :barnie

the+blessed+life

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
8 cows

2 calves - so far

30 hens

2 roosters

2 barn cats

1 old dog

soon to hatch first batch of eggs ?? out of forty eggs

warthog

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We have:-

4 goats - Pepper, Poppy, Polly and Rambo the buck
2 dogs - George and Max
3 cats - Dusk, Dawn and Tigger
41 Hens - all red sex links (production reds) not sure what you call them, and they don't have names, all different ages, only 11 at laying stage at the moment.

Possibly rabbits in the future.

And who know what else will arrive eventually.

Latest posts