What line of work are you in?

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just wondering what experts and professionals we have here on sufficientself.com.

I'll start: I am an xray tech and group fitness instructor
Hubby has a house painting/handyman business.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Used to be a biologist (research and teaching, mainly in aquatic invertebrate community ecology); nowadays, I'm a stay-at-home mom and general manager/constructor/fixer-upper for the household.

Have also ridden and trained horses for most of my life, taught riding, taught tai chi for a while, even taught a little bit of kids' ice-skating classes when another instructor backed out at the last minute :p Also trying to get back into freelancing magazine articles, which I did some of back in grad school.

Beekissed, is there by any chance a correspondance course for becoming a superhero? I can't afford to do 'real' superhero school but it sure sounds like it'd be a useful credential :D

Pat

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
USAF Desert Storm Vet, stay at home mom to many animals and the farm, occassional babysitter and hog vaccinator.

DH is a OTR truck driver

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Used to be a biologist (research and teaching, mainly in aquatic invertebrate community ecology); nowadays, I'm a stay-at-home mom and general manager/constructor/fixer-upper for the household.

Have also ridden and trained horses for most of my life, taught riding, taught tai chi for a while, even taught a little bit of kids' ice-skating classes when another instructor backed out at the last minute :p Also trying to get back into freelancing magazine articles, which I did some of back in grad school.

Beekissed, is there by any chance a correspondance course for becoming a superhero? I can't afford to do 'real' superhero school but it sure sounds like it'd be a useful credential :D

Pat
Well, Pat, I think a correspondence course would be inadequate (but I'm sure they will soon offer it to get folk's hard earned money)as this is more of a hands-on type of job. Comes from life experience and a natural ability....ya just got it or ya don't, you know? :D The uniform is crappy, the hours are long and you are mostly under appreciated but it has a few perks, like supersonic speed(it actually looks like I'm not even moving!), acute hearing(can hear a kid doing something wrong three rooms away), x-ray vision (can spy a pocket knife in a pocket that is headed for school), bullet proofing (haven't actually tested that one but have dodged a few during the course of this life), etc. I don't want to brag but I can eat an ear of corn in a millisecond! :cool: Yep, superhero is one of my most favorite roles in life...I'm actually a legend in my own mind! :coolsun

Seahound

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I work 3 days a week at a local store up the street as a cashier. Then I work 2 days a week at a wonderful campground in the reservations office. I also have a seasonal cleaning business where I clean turn over rentals in the summer. The people come and rent the house for a week and I clean it before the next family rents it.
Hubby works for the Town.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Comes from life experience and a natural ability....ya just got it or ya don't, you know? :D The uniform is crappy, the hours are long and you are mostly under appreciated but it has a few perks, like supersonic speed(it actually looks like I'm not even moving!), acute hearing(can hear a kid doing something wrong three rooms away), x-ray vision (can spy a pocket knife in a pocket that is headed for school), bullet proofing (haven't actually tested that one but have dodged a few during the course of this life), etc. I don't want to brag but I can eat an ear of corn in a millisecond! :cool: Yep, superhero is one of my most favorite roles in life...I'm actually a legend in my own mind! :coolsun
Well, I'd like to apply to for that job! I think I qualify! and LMBO at your description.. esp. the pocket knife one as we had an incident just yesterday, and my xray vision kicked in! LOL! That darn supersonic hearing though.. that keeps me from getting a deep sleep, as I hear every squirm and wiggle, and every whimper and whine. Too funny, loved your description!

My occupation changes often! This season of my life I'm a SAHM/teacher to my children. I also D.J. occasionally and plan events. Last year dance instructor was under my occupational title. For a few years, I used to manage a tourist trap that sold fudge and candies and ice cream. I loved loved loved smelling the fudge cooking everyday. If I wasn't nursing my youngest at that time, I could've had all my meals from that delicious place! I could've easily put a dent into profits! I used to be a Nanny/home manager for a wonderful family w/ 3 children, until I got pregnant w/ my 2nd child. (first born child would go to work w/ me) Oh, and somewhere in between there, I ran a home daycare. That was just too tough w/ my son w/ autism though.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I used to be a computer programmer for CIGNA then worked in small insurance company running their computer dept....then moved south and became a knitter, then worked temp. secretary/computer job, then worked in a tool room making antique car parts from brass (great job actually) then quit 3 years ago when I had Nicole and stay at home now. So I am a full time farmer now.

Tony works as a Jacket Operator at Commscope (4 on, 4 off --12 hr shift) --that is telephone cable and underwater international cable.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Used to be in community health education. Now work from home half time as a medical transcriptionist. I'm a SAHM, but both kids are in school now. Also do CSA farming for about 25+ weeks per year. Teach CPR and First Aid, and I think that covers it :)

Latest posts