What should I do with these wood tiles I found at Goodwill?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
912_garden_markers_2_033.jpg

They are about 10 x 10 inches. Any suggestions?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You could tile a one-of-a-kind table
Backgrounds for pressed & dried flowers/leaves for wall hangings
Glue photos to them and hang from twine for a photo collage/mobile

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Mosaic pictures or trivets/coasters for Christmas presents?
I am not very creative, so I will have to think about it...will post back if I come up with anything. I love the mosaic trivet idea though. I would love to receive that as a holiday gift :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
If you have access to a scroll saw you can cut them into any shape, drill a hole and hang on Holiday tree with a ribbon. I'm thinking more nature themed because they are wood grained, like mushroom, birdhouse, bird, chipmunk, acorn, beehive.
Speaking of beehives,(and OT) we topped our tree last year with a rope beescape beehive, bought those packages of rotating things you plug into the mini light string, bought 20 little bumblebees which we attached to the rotating things with long wire and had the bees continuously flying around the hive on the top of the tree. Man, I love nature!

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I would be wood burning pics and inlaying stone and glass...or...making a one of a kind coffee table or...make a small chest for treasures, or...draw a pattern of a huge leaf or something like that and cut them out and make a unique divider for your patio or between rooms, or...make a pantry shelf...or..make a mobile mini bar....ok I am done for now....:D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thank you! Those are some really cool ideas!

At the moment they are still sitting under my desk taking up space. I'm waiting for a nice rainy day to get creative!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Build a frame out of scrap lumer and apply like plywood, for nesting boxes. Get some industrial glue or caulk and use on a floor. cool find!!!

Latest posts