What the world eats

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As I understand it, the journalists paid for the week's worth of food for the photo. I wonder whether it's a little skewed -- whether families may have decided to indulge since someone else was paying, or wanted to portray a certain image, or whatever. I don't know.

As for the working parent thing and cooking from scratch, it simply a time issue. Cooking from scratch can be pretty quick, but it takes planning beforehand. You can make good food, but you have to have the ingredients on hand, which means over the weekend you had to go to the farmers' market or grocery store, etc. with a week's worth of meals in mind. And if you cook at home, you've got more to clean up than simply wrappers or pizza boxes. When you've got two busy parents who have worked all day, left the office to go to see a kid's basketball game or go to a PTA meeting or see the choir recital or whatever, and the family is heading home at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. and everyone's tired and hungry, that processed crap starts looking kind of good. Or at least good enough.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
family is heading home at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. and everyone's tired and hungry, that processed crap starts looking kind of good. Or at least good enough.

Latest posts