What to can

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You can pressure can meat and beans together for menudo. https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_05/chili_con_carne.html

I'm not sure if tripe would hold up well to home canning. Its worth trying, IMO

Meatballs will not hold their shape for albondogas, and you can't can rice. The rest looks okay for pressure canning. If you dont mind the meat ground and green beans limp, you could pressure can it. Mint might lose its flavor during pressure canning. I made mint jelly with apples instead of commercial pectin. It set up fine but there wasnt any mint flavor left after the boiling. I think this one would work better as a soup base recipe, and add your meatballs, mint, and green beans when you reheat it.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well pressure canning would probably get rid of the chewiness of tripe, but I do agree it would probably just fall apart. Some thing just don't hold up well.

As for commercial canning, they have firgured out the time and pressure for their product in their industrial machines which we can't duplicate at home. That's why you can buy canned pumpkin and thickened pie fillings at the store.